Verb Tense Exercise 1
Simple Present / Present Continuous
1. Every Monday, Sally (drive) her kids to football practice.
2. Usually, I (work) as a secretary at ABT, but this summer I (study) French at a language school in Paris. That is why I am in Paris.
3. Shhhhh! Be quiet! John (sleep) .
4. Don't forget to take your umbrella. It (rain) .
5. I hate living in Seattle because it (rain, always) .
6. I'm sorry I can't hear what you (say) because everybody (talk) so loudly.
7. Justin (write, currently) a book about his adventures in Tibet. I hope he can find a good publisher when he is finished.
8. Jim: Do you want to come over for dinner tonight?
Denise: Oh, I'm sorry, I can't. I (go) to a movie tonight with some friends.
9. The business cards (be, normally ) printed by a company in New York. Their prices (be) inexpensive, yet the quality of their work is quite good.
10. This delicious chocolate (be) made by a small chocolatier in Zurich, Switzerland.